Located rue du Renard, the office building acquired by the COVEA Immobilier group was renovated by the Franklin Azzi Architecture and CALQ agencies to become the Technicolor group's new headquarters.
The 8,500-square-meter building is ideally located between the Pompidou Center and the Hôtel de Ville and presents a real patrimonial interest.
Built in 1920 by the architect Adolphe François Bocage, the building has housed the Rousseau Establishments, was converted into an office building and hosted the prison administration until 2015. For many years, the architecture has experienced several campaigns rehabilitation and restructuring, altering the original character of its design.
On the invitation of COVEA Immobilier group, the agencies Franklin Azzi Architecture and CALQ worked together on the realization of this project to give a real radiance to the building in this historic district of Paris.
Franklin Azzi, in charge of the design, wished to find "the ideal state" of the building by reworking the volumes of the atrium, the canopy and the offices. The architecture has been laid bare, in order to get closer to the initial design. Each superficial intervention has been removed, to purify as much as possible the existing and to emphasize the volumes and historical details. The former canopy was removed to rebuild the original canopy at regulatory heights and bring the building additional surface. The atrium has also been redesigned, through the creation of bridges, allowing new traffic and a greater light input on the trays.