Vietnam’s vast and varied architectural landscape is composed of vernacular tradition, colonial doctrine and modernist exploration. Ancient Vietnamese architecture is rooted in its wooden and thatched structures and distinguished by its curved roofs. Eventually, during the centuries of dynastic rule, outsourced external laborers introduced a new Chinese visual language. Then, the French colonial period brought forth Western ideologies.
Following the dramatic political changes of the 20th century, a branch of modernist thinking made its way to Vietnam’s architectural landscape. Locals began to embrace this new wave of modernist architecture as a form of self-expression that differentiated itself from past colonial design; Vietnamese architects found unique ways to express themselves in an increasingly international structural language. Concrete, glass and metal took precedence over the past favoring wood, and modern structures began to appear — especially in Ho Chi Minh City — which attracted foreign business, bolstering the country’s urbanization. This newfound support of modernism and experimentation can be felt in the country’s contemporary architecture, which is often experimental yet site-specific, and at the forefront of biophilic design.
Like anywhere in the world, Vietnamese architecture is not only informed by its governance and faith but by the climate. Regionally speaking, the architecture differs to accommodate specific climatic conditions. In the highlands and midlands, for example, one will find stilted homes that accommodate the region’s rain-prone conditions. Whereas traditional one-storied dwellings are found in the region’s dryer lands. Such a hybrid blend of architectural styles and diverse topography makes for a fascinating yet widely diverse built environment.
With so many architecture firms to choose from, it’s challenging for clients to identify the industry leaders that will be an ideal fit for their project needs. Fortunately, Architizer is able to provide guidance on the top design firms in Vietnam based on more than a decade of data and industry knowledge.
How are these architecture firms ranked?
The following ranking has been created according to key statistics that demonstrate each firm’s level of architectural excellence. The following metrics have been accumulated to establish each architecture firm’s ranking, in order of priority:
- The number of A+Awards won (2013 to 2022)
- The number of A+Awards finalists (2013 to 2022)
- The number of projects selected as “Project of the Day” (2009 to 2022)
- The number of projects selected as “Featured Project” (2009 to 2022)
- The number of projects uploaded to Architizer (2009 to 2022)
Each of these metrics is explained in more detail at the foot of this article. This ranking list will be updated annually, taking into account new achievements of Vietnam architecture firms throughout the year.
Without further ado, here are the 20 best architecture firms in Vietnam:
Chi.Arch is an innovative Architecture, Interior, Landscape design studio in Viet Nam led by principal architects Mr. Truong Minh Tung and Mrs. Ho Nguyen Thuy Quynh. The company was born in Quy Nhon, Vietnam in 2019, but we work in Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam. We are a small team with around 10 members. Architecture is a profession with many advantages when working online, so we organize work with many partners in the localities where the works are built in order to control and supervise them.
We focus on building all kinds of houses, schools, libraries, resorts, cafes and restaurants, service works and more with the goal of bringing nature into the building through light, trees, and ventilation. We enjoy combining modern architecture and indigenous elements in architecture. In addition, the owner’s personality is often clearly expressed in the space and finishing materials. We are always looking for new solutions to old spaces and try to satisfy the wishes of the owners within the given budget.
Some of Chi.Arch’s most prominent projects include:
- LN-House, Vietnam
- QH-Villa, Qui Nhơn, Vietnam
- POPTECH-OFFICE, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- VOOC Village, Vietnam
- M9-HOUSE, Nhơn Trạch District, Dong Nai, Vietnam
The following statistics helped Chi.Arch achieve 20th place in the 20 Best Architecture Firms in Vietnam:
Founded in 2008, INFINITIVE ARCHITECTURE practices in architecture, planning, interior and landscape. We have materialized projects in Vietnam and Southeast Asia, with projects ranging from commercial, residential to hospitality. We love to see local culture conveyed into architecture, as much as we hope to contribute to our community and our country.
Some of INFINITIVE ARCHITECTURE’s most prominent projects include:
- THE VIBES CO-SPACE, Quận 2, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
- PHU HAI MANGROVE ECOLOGICAL PARK, Phan Thiet, Vietnam
The following statistics helped INFINITIVE ARCHITECTURE achieve 19th place in the 20 Best Architecture Firms in Vietnam:
Cong Sinh Architecture is a planning, architectural and interior design company founded in 2010. They currently have offices operating in Ho Chi Minh City and Hue City. Symbiotic Architecture gives customers peaceful and quiet living, relaxing and working spaces. Protect the life and health of users with innovative, modern and special design solutions.
The works of Symbiotic Architecture are created based on influencing factors: practical use needs, closeness to nature, optimal use of natural light and wind in the building and adaptation to the environment. sociocultural. Symbiotic Architecture is known by the international community for its professional working method, attention to detail from the whole to every detail to bring about quality projects.
Some of CONG SINH ARCHITECTS’s most prominent projects include:
- The Gills, Số 5, Tân Phú, Quận 7, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
- Kaleidoscope, District 10, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
- Vegetable Trellis, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
The following statistics helped CONG SINH ARCHITECTS achieve 18th place in the 20 Best Architecture Firms in Vietnam:
SILAA architects is a Vietnamese architecture studio, based in the city of Huế. The firm focuses primarily on residential and hospitality projects.
Some of SILAA’s most prominent projects include:
- SAHI W&D, Hue, Vietnam
- Sahi Homestay Retreat, Hue, Vietnam
- Hachi Homestay & Spa / Hachi Lily House, Vietnam
- Hachi Homestay & Spa / Hachi Pomelo House, Vietnam
The following statistics helped SILAA achieve 17th place in the 20 Best Architecture Firms in Vietnam:
Founded in 2018, CTA – Creative Architects is a group of young architects dedicated to learning and promoting creativity for the sake of developing interesting architectural spaces.
Some of CTA – Creative Architects’s most prominent projects include:
- Am house, Cần Giuộc, Long An Province, Vietnam
- 2Hien, Tây Ninh, Vietnam
- Wallhouse, Bien Hoa, Vietnam
- T house, Dĩ An, Vietnam
- Cloud, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
The following statistics helped CTA - Creative Architects achieve 16th place in the 20 Best Architecture Firms in Vietnam:
15. 23o5 Studio
23o5 is a studio of young architects who approach their work through creative labor, passion and a strong heart.
Some of 23o5 Studio’s most prominent projects include:
- Lộc House, Tân An, Thủ Dầu Một, Vietnam
- Up2green, Lái Thiêu, tx. Thuận An, Vietnam
- The Memory, Tân An, tp. Thủ Dầu Một, Vietnam
- The Longcave, tt. Trà Ôn, Trà Ôn, Vĩnh Long, Vietnam
- TA’s House, Vietnam
The following statistics helped 23o5 Studio achieve 15th place in the 20 Best Architecture Firms in Vietnam:
Nghia-Architect was founded in Hanoi in 2015. We are a young and creative architectural firm dedicated to creating sustainable architecture and high quality designs. We approach our design through both Asian and European principles in order to create a contemporary Vietnamese architectural language.
Some of Nghia-Architect’s most prominent projects include:
- Maison A, Vietnam
- Maison T, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Maison TL, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Villa LP, Ba Vì, Hanoi, Vietnam
- ND Apartment, Hanoi, Vietnam
The following statistics helped Nghia-Architect achieve 14th place in the 20 Best Architecture Firms in Vietnam:
13. KIENTRUC O
KIENTRUC O is an architectural firm based in HCMC, Vietnam, lead by Dam Vu and Anni Le. Its mission is to create architecture that facilitates and embrace a coherent symbiosis between human and the environment. The firm seeks for architectural manifestation as a collective result of keen observations and thoughtful application of local architecture, its people and their cultural tradition, all of which to achieve a harmonious relationship that satisfy human needs and stimulate coexistence between human and the natural ecology.
Some of KIENTRUC O’s most prominent projects include:
- BÓ MON PRESCHOOL – The idea of a connecting station, Tú Nang, Yên Châu, Sơn La, Vietnam
- CHUON CHUON KIM 2 KINDERGARTEN, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- HOUSE 304, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- CHUON CHUON KIM KINDERGARTEN, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Layerscape-VAS Office, Da Nang, Vietnam
- T HOUSE, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
The following statistics helped KIENTRUC O achieve 13th place in the 20 Best Architecture Firms in Vietnam:
12. Block Architects
At Block Architects, we undertake a complete solution, covering all stages of design. We actualize projects that possess sustainable values, tremendous vitality and satisfy the human demand for harmony and respect.
Some of Block Architects’s most prominent projects include:
- OldMeetsNew House, Trà Vinh, Vietnam
- Duyen Casa II, Cao Lãnh, Vietnam
- Vegan House, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Lee&Tee House, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- THE GAPS APARTMENT, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
The following statistics helped Block Architects achieve 12th place in the 20 Best Architecture Firms in Vietnam:
AD+studio is a small architectural firm expressing the pride of Vietnamese cultural identity through its design. Not paying attention to generating a unique architectural language, our buildings integrate the abundance of construction context with the differences in the users’ lifestyle habits. Diversified local culture and lifestyle of each individual which are aroused and conveyed to the main works are the rich sources defining the characteristics of our architectures. We would like to ‘draw’ the vitality of the works: colorful and motive as always.
Some of AD+studio’s most prominent projects include:
- THE UMBRELLA, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Stacking-Roof House, Thái Nguyên, Vietnam
- BACKYARD house, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- BOUNDARY house, Binh Duong, Vietnam
- STACKING BOX, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- MODANO Coffee, Cà Mau, Vietnam
The following statistics helped AD+studio achieve 11th place in the 20 Best Architecture Firms in Vietnam:
07BEACH was founded by in 2011 Joe Chikamori, who moved to Vietnam from Japan to grow his practice. He enjoys the freedom to experiment with architecture in Vietnam. Chikamori oversees every part of the design process, which ensures good work is produced for his clients every time.
Some of 07BEACH’s most prominent projects include:
- Cheese Tart Shop “BAKE” in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Sushi restaurant in Ho Chi Minh City, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
- Ramen Bar Suzuki
- House in Kyoto, Kyoto, Japan
- House Renovation In Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
The following statistics helped 07BEACH achieve 10th place in the 20 Best Architecture Firms in Vietnam:
atelier tho.A was founded in 2015. Everyday, we share our belief in a “no-architectural” architectural practice. Architecture retreats behind, as a background, on which activities are freely shown and life continues proliferating. For us, architecture is part of an ecosystem. Its focus is on architectural practice by interrelated activities, including theoretical research (Alab), interior design studios (S.norm), and materials manufacturing (Xay Solution), etc.
In particular, at the beginning of each project, Alab provides the database and direction for the designs. At the end of the chain, S.norm utilizes the built space as a given context from which unique and conceptually rich interior products would be created. Along with the practical accessibility to the construction environment, atelier tho.A strives to expand the ecosystem. The constructive expansion is made possible by associating with skillful craftsmen, offering diverse construction solutions and materials as well as looking for indigenous and sustainable methods. Like venous diagrams, the circles are both independent and interact with each other, the result of one process is the premise for another. Accordingly, good architecture will be born in a stable, balanced and continuous ecosystem.
Some of atelier tho.A’s most prominent projects include:
- Dali office, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- FA house, Dalat, Vietnam
- Tien Giang house, Tien Giang, Vietnam
- Gamma’s office renovation, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Lib house, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
The following statistics helped atelier tho.A achieve 9th place in the 20 Best Architecture Firms in Vietnam:
Established in 2010, IDEE ARCHITECTS is a professional architecture practice specializing in interior, resort and house design of any scale. We always look towards nature and are interested in positively impacting the environment through responsible design.
Some of idee architects Vietnam’s most prominent projects include:
- Mian Farm Cottage, Kim Sơn, Sơn Tây, Hà Nội, Vietnam
- House under the Pines, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Cam Hai House, Cam Ranh, Vietnam
- VH6 House, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Uspace Villa Tam Dao, Vinh Phuc Province, Vietnam
The following statistics helped idee architects Vietnam achieve 8th place in the 20 Best Architecture Firms in Vietnam:
7. a21 studio
Established in 2009, A21 studio features a small group of designers wishing to bring their conception of life to the surroundings through architecture.
Some of a21 studio’s most prominent projects include:
- The Tent 1, Natural Heritage Area Trang, Vietnam
- The Cloud, Natural Heritage Area Trang, Vietnam
- The Tent 2, Natural Heritage Area Trang, Vietnam
- Saigon House, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- The Nest, Binh Duong, Vietnam
- Cửu phẩm liên hoa, Natural Heritage Area Trang, Vietnam
The following statistics helped a21 studio achieve 7th place in the 20 Best Architecture Firms in Vietnam:
1+1>2 was founded in 2015 by Hoang Thuc Hao. We are a reality-focused firm dedicated to providing exceptional and personalized design services. Our work aims to make a lasting contribution to the urban and natural context by challenging, provoking and exciting. We pay great attention to our material choices and the influence of light in architecture.
Some of 1+1>2 Architects’s most prominent projects include:
- Chieng Yen Community House, Mộc Châu, Sơn La, Vietnam
- Dao School, Lao Cai, Vietnam
- Mother’s House , Sơn Tây, Vietnam
- Bottle Sail, Đồ Sơn, Haiphong, Vietnam
- Cam Thanh Community House, tp. Hội An, Vietnam
The following statistics helped 1+1>2 Architects achieve 6th place in the 20 Best Architecture Firms in Vietnam:
MIA Design Studio is an innovative architecture and master planning founded in Ho Chi Minh City in 2003. MIA Design Studio’s team of architects and designers are great admirers of the modernist movement and seek to fulfil the difficult task of rethinking and giving continuity to this iconic generation.
Some of MIA Design Studio’s most prominent projects include:
- Naman Retreat Pure Spa, Da Nang, Vietnam
- Villa Tan Dinh, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Wyndham Phu Quoc, Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- Sky House, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- The Straw, Thủ Đức, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
The following statistics helped MIA Design Studio achieve 5th place in the 20 Best Architecture Firms in Vietnam:
From traditional to contemporary architecture, from high end to low cost solutions, from small to XXL scale, our practice is based on 3 core principles: Create beautiful space for everyday life, Stay free of “ready-made” solutions, Collaborative creative process. MM++ Architects has developed a reputation for designing high quality exclusive residential buildings and unique boutique hospitality projects, focusing on the specificity of each context and environmental comfort.
Some of MM++ Architects / MIMYA’s most prominent projects include:
- Go Vap House, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- STONE HOUSE, Nha Trang, Vietnam
- Pattern House, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- D2 Town House, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Oceanique Villas, Phan Thiet, Vietnam
The following statistics helped MM++ Architects / MIMYA achieve 4th place in the 20 Best Architecture Firms in Vietnam:
TROPICAL SPACE is an architecture firm based in Ho Chi Minh city, founded by architect Nguyen Hai Long and Tran Thi Ngu Ngon. We are specialized in designing and planning – from master planning, urban design, architecture, landscape and interior design. With a deep understanding in Vietnam’s culture and climate, Tropical Space is committed to encouraging the clients toward the use of environmentally friendly, building practices and sustainable material selection.
Some of TROPICAL SPACE’s most prominent projects include:
- Terra Cotta Studio, Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
- ORGANICARE SHOWROOM, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- TERMITARY HOUSE, Da Nang, Vietnam
- LONG AN HOUSE, Long An Province, Vietnam
- CUCKOO HOUSE, Da Nang, Vietnam
The following statistics helped TROPICAL SPACE achieve 3rd place in the 20 Best Architecture Firms in Vietnam:
H&P Architects (HPA) was established in Vietnam in 2009. H&P Architects’ goal is to provide professional solutions to customers. This is demonstrated through multiple investment categories: office, residential, hotel, resort, hospital, private housing, planning and urban design as well as industrial, educational and infrastructure. H&P Architects is committed to meeting the needs and wants of each individual customer with a total solution to satisfy the highest standards of quality projects as well as economic efficiency.
Some of H&P Architects’s most prominent projects include:
- Brick Cave, Vietnam
- Cheering restaurant, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Toigetation, Cao Bang, Vietnam
- Tropical Cave, Bac Ninh Province, Vietnam
- Blooming Bamboo Home, Cầu Diễn, Từ Liêm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
- S Space, Hà Nam, Vietnam
- HOUSE (Human’s Optional USE), Hải Dương, Vietnam
The following statistics helped H&P Architects achieve 2nd place in the 20 Best Architecture Firms in Vietnam:
Established in 2006, VTN Architects (Vo Trong Nghia Architects) is a leading architectural practice in Vietnam with offices in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi. All employees work closely on cultural, residential and commercial projects around the world. By experimenting with light, wind and water, as well as using natural and local materials, VTN Architects uses contemporary design vocabulary to explore new ways to create architecture.
Some of Vo Trong Nghia Architects’s most prominent projects include:
- Stepping Park House, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Nocenco Cafe, Vinh, Vietnam
- Torus House, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Binh House, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Stepping Park House, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Atlas Hotel, Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
- Naman Retreat Conference Hall, Ngũ Hành Sơn, Đà Nẵng, Vietnam
The following statistics helped Vo Trong Nghia Architects achieve 1st place in the 20 Best Architecture Firms in Vietnam:
Why Should I Trust Architizer’s Ranking?
With more than 30,000 architecture firms and over 130,000 projects within its database, Architizer is proud to host the world’s largest online community of architects and building product manufacturers. Its celebrated A+Awards program is also the largest celebration of architecture and building products, with more than 400 jurors and hundreds of thousands of public votes helping to recognize the world’s best architecture each year.
Architizer also powers firm directories for a number of AIA (American Institute of Architects) Chapters nationwide, including the official directory of architecture firms for AIA New York.
A Guide to Project Awards
The blue “”+”” badge denotes that a project has won a prestigious A+Award as described above. Hovering over the badge reveals details of the award, including award category, year, and whether the project won the jury or popular choice award.
The orange Project of the Day and yellow Featured Project badges are awarded by Architizer’s Editorial team, and are selected based on a number of factors. The following factors increase a project’s likelihood of being featured or awarded Project of the Day status:
- Project completed within the last 3 years
- A well written, concise project description of at least 3 paragraphs
- Architectural design with a high level of both functional and aesthetic value
- High quality, in focus photographs
- At least 8 photographs of both the interior and exterior of the building
- Inclusion of architectural drawings and renderings
- Inclusion of construction photographs
There are 7 Projects of the Day each week and a further 31 Featured Projects. Each Project of the Day is published on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram Stories, while each Featured Project is published on Facebook. Each Project of the Day also features in Architizer’s Weekly Projects Newsletter and shared with 170,000 subscribers.
We’re constantly look for the world’s best architects to join our community. If you would like to understand more about this ranking list and learn how your firm can achieve a presence on it, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.