The NINO building, built as a former bale warehouse of a textile factory, impresses with its large, hall-like spatial structures. The building was erected in 1928 as a reinforced concrete skeleton construction with a front, stiffening space line in solid construction. The storey floors are constructed without any further divisions and are characterized by the elaborately profiled reinforced concrete supports.
The basic concept of the core renovation of the listed building, NINO-Hochbau, was the preservation of the spatial structures of the industrial monument as well as the preservation of the essential, space-shaping components. The outer skin of the building has been renovated to preserve its original structure. The window elements were exchanged for filigree aluminum-glass façade constructions with neutral sun protection glazing. In the course of the revitalization of this industrial road, the competence center had to be accommodated in the aforementioned building structure. Beside an event center, a museum as well as a gastronomy should be created. For this purpose, an atrium was cut into the building over the entire building height. This fully glazed atrium creates an additional exposure and divides the floors without disturbing the existing structures.