In the beginning of the fifties, Vilhelm Lauritzen draw and designed the People’s House for the Employee’s Association. The construction of the house began in 1953 and completed in 1956.
The house contains a big and a small hall with facilities for both theater performances and movie display as well as banqueting room and kitchen. On the outside the house is decorated with a three floor tall façade relief by the artist Dan Sterup-Hansen.
When the Employee’s Association moved out, the house was left empty for a few years. After a massive restoration in 1996 the house re-opened as VEGA – The House of Music.
Just like two others of Vilhelm Lauritzen’s buildings; The Radio House and the Vilhelm Lauritzen Airport Terminal from 1939; the house is protected as one of the youngest buildings in Denmark.