Saint Joseph Parish of Downingtown is the second largest in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. Dating back to 1840, it was formed around an Irish Catholic immigrant community; today the Parish serves 4,500 families. Over these 167 years the congregation has built three church buildings, the current one dedicated in 2013. In 2015, parish leadership determine that a new administrative center was needed. The new building is approximately 10,000 SF and houses the office of Monsignor and his religious staff, parish business operations, the youth ministry director and other parish personnel. In addition to the office function, there is space dedicated to youth ministries, grief and personal counseling, kitchen facilities, large conference room and the 24/7 Perpetual Adoration Chapel. The building is part of a larger assembly of historic and new structures, including the church, rectory, convent, and school building. The building is sited and designed to accommodate easy access, and to mediate among the diverse styles and ages of the other structures surrounding it.