One project, two sides, two programs, two languages, two spaces in one. To the west is the area intended for the owner’s housing with a simple program. The house is defined by the light and the framing of the trees of the most imponent avenue in Porto. To the east is the workspace with a complex program, facing inland. The apartment is placed in an Art Nouveau building that was awarded the Valmor Prize in 1915. At the request of the owner, the entire interior should not be touched so as not to destroy or alter the classified heritage. On the wing destined for the clinic, on the largest room was installed a mirror-lined cube with the aim of becoming almost invisible within the space. On the “broken” sides, glass replaces mirror in order to better use the openings to the outside. Within this cube, two treatment rooms are arranged - the core of all the clinical space. The old kitchen was converted into a reception area and a shop, extending through to the balcony. The new materials match the existing ones by reflecting them (polished steel and mirrors), replicating them (Lioz marble) or bringing new textures and colours (painted iron and hydraulic mosaics) in small inclusions and geometric experiments.