The RFA design renovates and adapts the original “servant’s wing” of a classic Mediterranean 1929 Santa Barbara house into a new open kitchen better suited for entertaining & family use. The design includes:
• New kitchen & breakfast area, renovated butler’s pantry, powder room, home office and family room,
• New steel & glass door linking the new dining area to the courtyard, which replicates the door from the entry foyer and gallery to the courtyard on a classic axis,
• New SieMatic cabinets in cherry veneer with polished Brazilian granite counter tops & brushed stainless steel hardware,
• Refinished original butler’s pantry cabinets from Chinese red lacquer to clear natural finish with oiled hardware & new granite counters,
• New flooring throughout with Giallo Antico limestone pavers in a honed finish.
• New powder room with a custom cabinet, granite counter top and floating glass lavatory with brushed nickel silver faucet & contemporary Murano glass wall scones flanking the mirror.
• New warm color palette - on wood, walls, floors and fabrics were selected to harmonize the new family kitchen wing successfully with the original 1929 aesthetic.