Pichler & Traupmann Architekten was founded by Christoph Pichler and Johann Traupmann in 1992 and since that time has been working on a variety of commissions.
The work of Pichler & Traupmann is documented in numerous publications and has been awarded distinct prizes.
Christoph PICHLER was born in 1964. He studied architecture at the University of Applied Arts, Vienna and at Harvard University, USA. From 1992-1996 he teached as university assistant and from 1996-2019 as lecturer at the technical universities of Vienna and Graz.
Johann TRAUPMANN was born in 1958. He studied theology in Vienna and architecture at Vienna University of Applied Arts. He is teaching since 1992, first as a lecturer and since 2002 as assistant professor at Vienna University of Applied Arts.
2019 two junior partners joined the office: Bartosz Lewandowski and Wolfgang Windt.
Bartosz LEWANDOWSKI was born in 1977. He studied architecture in Warsaw at the University of Technology and worked as architect in several offices in Poland. Since 2013 he is part of Pichler & Traupmann Architects first as design architect and later as team leader of our competition department.
Wolfgang WINDT was born in 1982. He studied architecture at the Vienna University of Technology and one year at Vienna University of Applied Arts (Studio Zaha Hadid). He started with Pichler & Traupmann Architects already during his studies in 2005 and is now responsible for the implementation of our projects.