Light Music is an immersive sculptural lobby and lounge created for a residential building in the heart of Washington DC’s Adams Morgan neighborhood.
Light Music combines cutting-edge digital fabrication methods with artisanal techniques to create an interior world with its own pulse and rhythm, paying homage to the vibrant, original music of DC and transforming the space into an original work of art.
Twenty-three custom backlit panels were fabricated using the score of Duke Ellington songs visualized like patterns on player piano rolls.
The surfaces of the panels were hand-gilded with aluminum leaf, allowing light to glow through the notes and create a three-dimensional aura.
– A+A Studio – Artist – Aaron Yassin
– Solid NYC – CNC Fabricator – Guy Reziciner
– Gilding NYC – Master Gilder – Bill Gauthier
– A+A Studio – Architect – Armand Graham
– A+A Studio – Partner – Armand Graham
– Lighting Workshop – Owner – Doug Russell
– A+A Studio – Partner – Aaron Yassin
– Solid – Owner – Guy Reziciner
– Gilding NYC – Master Gilder – Bill Gauthier.