Are you a graphic designer with a passion for architecture and an eye for visuals aimed at the AEC industry? Then Architizer could have the perfect role for you!
Architizer is looking for an experienced graphic designer to help craft the visual identity of multiple programs and initiatives targeted at architects. If you’re a former architect now working as a designer with a keen sense of what works (as well as the experience to demonstrate it) and enjoy working closely with a design-conscious team, we’d love to hear from you.
Job Type and Timeframe
The Graphic Designer position is a freelance position with an expected workload of 10 to 15 hours per month. This will fluctuate depending on the current projects and evolving needs of Architizer. It is 100% remote at the present time. The Graphic Designer will assist all members of the team from content and marketing to sales, and will report directly to the CEO.
- A formal education in design and/or a strong portfolio that can demonstrate your skills.
- Highly competent with Adobe’s Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to hit tight deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Undergraduate degree in architecture or a deep knowledge of architecture.
- Ability to produce animations and/or high quality video content.
- Design web pages, brochures, logos, signs, e-book covers and layouts, annual reports, advertisements, and other communication materials.
- Quickly iterate through design concepts with the marketing team.
- Produce pixel-perfect final design products that are free of error and meet specifications.
- Design a cover and layout for a new eBook – e.g. The World’s Best Landscape Architects
- Develop a presentation template for Architizer’s media kit
- Design a logo for an app for architects
To apply, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line “Graphic Designer Application: [YOUR NAME]”:
- An up-to-date resume (attached as a pdf).
- Cover letter (attached as a pdf). In the cover letter, tell us why you are the right person for this job. Please share relevant experience, insight, and motivation.
- Links to relevant content you’ve created for yourself or other publications.
If your application is shortlisted, you will then be given an editorial test to complete in order to demonstrate your skills.
Architizer is the largest network for high-end residential, commercial and institutional architecture online, with more than 100,000 projects in our database. We’re currently the go-to site for the world’s leading architects and designers to showcase their work and have an aggressive strategy for continued innovation in online services related to the built environment.
We’re a team of thinkers, creatives, technologists, writers, architects and doers. In the spirit of the architecture field, we approach our objectives with equal parts analysis and creativity. We’re involved both online and offline with architecture and design and collaborate regularly with friends at respected cultural organizations both in New York and globally.
Top image: Forest of Numbers Emmanuelle Moureaux Architecture & Design