Students, it’s time to rev up Rhino, start up Sketchup and reboot Revit. Why? Because the 2nd Annual One Rendering Challenge is officially open for entries! Just like last year, this Fall’s biggest ArchViz competition explores the incredible power of visualizations to communicate architectural ideas, from the tiniest technical details to the most emotive, atmospheric qualities.
Once again, we’re offering $2,500 to the two designers — one student and one non-student — who are able to create the most captivating architectural rendering. Register for the competition today and submit a rendering before the Early Bird Entry Deadline on November 13:
Your task is a simple one: Create one rendering that powerfully communicates an architectural form or space and the experience of those that would inhabit it.
Your visualization can be located anywhere in the world and be at any scale. It can take the form of a perspective, parallel projection, section, abstract or any other image format. As long as it is a computer-generated visualization that portrays part or all of a building or group of buildings, it is eligible. This should be accompanied by a short description of your proposal, no more than 150 words.
One of the most exciting features of the inaugural One Rendering Challenge is the prospect of having your visualizations reviewed by some of the most influential professionals in the ArchViz industry. The jury for the competition includes numerous leaders in the field, including:
- Matthew Bannister, Founder of DBOX
- Ronen Bekerman, Founder of the Ronen Bekerman Architectural Visualization Blog and Cofounder of The Craft
- Keely Colcleugh, Founder of rendering studio Kilograph
- Carlotta Cominetti, Cofounder of rendering studio Virginlemon and Non-student Winner of the 1st Annual One Rendering Challenge
- Mengyi Fan, Director of Visualization at SHoP Architects
- Alex Hogrefe, Creator of visualizingarchitecture.com
- Paul Keskeys, Architect and Content Director at Architizer
- Jeff Mottle, CEO and founder of CGarchitect
- Bennett Oh, Creator of Archi Hacks
- Duy Phan, 3D Artist at Binyan Studio and creator of 2 Commended Entries in the 1st Annual One Rendering Challenge
These judges will score submissions based on a number of criteria, including technical expertise, originality and atmospheric power. The top 100 renderings will be published and celebrated with the millions of architects and designers that comprise Architizer’s online community.
Renderings spark the imagination like nothing else in architecture. With the help of extraordinarily powerful software, visualizations form a magic bridge, taking us from drawings to completed buildings in a heartbeat. These days, almost anyone can create a rendering with an incredible degree of photorealism. But can they do even more?
The One Rendering Challenge is your chance to show us — start your submission today and be a part of this fall’s most inspiring ideas competition.