The project involves the renovation of a historic Carnegie library built in 1918. Work includes the complete renovation of both levels of the 9,500 square foot structure and the restoration of the exterior terra cotta and terrazzo. On the lower level, work included new public restrooms, a new program room and the complete reconfiguration of the Children’s Room. Responsibilities also include selection of new lighting, shelving and all furnishings. The project required an extensive review and approvals process with the Landmark Preservation Board, the Mayor's office on Disability, the neighborhood community, and various user groups.