The Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Center at the University of Pennsylvania occupies 6,000 square feet of space in a joined pair of 1876 carriage houses. The exterior received a landmark-quality restoration, while the interior underwent total renovation to create meeting rooms, a library, offices, a large multi-purpose lounge and a catering kitchen. A new elevator was inserted to provide handicapped accessibility. Extensive landscaping (with Margie Ruddick Landscape) provides outdoor gathering and social space, and knits the Carriage House into campus pathways.
Winner of a 2003 Preservation Achievement Award from the Preservation Alliance for Greater Philadelphia.