The new museum will be within the existing Christian IV Bryghus that dates from 1608. The proposal is of a light touch, meaning that all proposed changes are reparable. A new external core to the north allows for the three main floors to be completely uninterrupted by solid partitions. The floors are linked by a series of generous ramps that are placed between facing rows of tree-like timber columns. On levels 5 and 6 all floor boards will be removed thus exposing the soaring roof volume of the building. A metal walkway on top of the exposed beams of level 5 will provide access to existing roof mounted windows that afford spectacular views toward the city centre.