Visible from far away, the look-out tower Jüberg is prominently positioned at the end of a long flight of stairs, marking the end point of the city and the transition to landscape. The upwards expanding shape of the tower reacts immediately to the local circumstances; the forested hill Jüberg, the urban centre line and a 360-degrees view.The construction of the building is based on the principle of the hyperboloid, which had frequently been used for steel constructions by the engineer Vladimir G. Suchov (1853 – 1939). It consists of 240 straight timber members of Siberian larch (glued laminated timber) with a cross section of 8 x 8 centimetres. A large-mesh structure has been designed by inclining two reverse planes of members, on which only the outer, delicatemember system bears the loads. Additional vertical members, such as steel columns or a centre mast, were consistently omitted.