Initially built in 1792, this barn was used to shelter cows during the winter and to dry hay and cereals. Bought 200 years later by a young couple, it was renovated and turned into a cozy three-story apartment. In order to do so, the existing volume was entirely measured by a surveyor and the planks were numbered by a carpenter to be replaced at the exact same spot before the barn was demolished. The basement was then rebuilt with concrete and the upper walls prepared in a workshop to be reassembled directly on site. Windows were carefully placed and the ones not matching the original openings reduced to the minimum, with the only exception being a generous window on the north façade, bringing light into the stairs on the three floors. A particular care was given to the furniture and various pieces of the original barn have been reused or integrated into the decoration.