Sonnengarten consists of a number of buildings, which are surrounded by a large park. The main building dating from 1850 and the entrance to the building complex built in 1960 have been renovated and enlarged with an additional first floor. In the ground floor public rooms such as the chimney lounge, the restaurant and bar as well as sanitary facilities and the kitchen are located – all the rooms have been opened to an almost forgotten garden having sun all through the afternoon and evening. Also the buildings’ entrance has been enlarged and totally opened to the garden by a two storey high window.Besides a gallery room, overlooking the entrance hall, 6 four star hotel rooms especially equipped for the needs of disabled people have been located in the new first floor. All the rooms are fully glazed to an open loggia. All window and doors are as high as the rooms – there are no barriers for people in wheel chairs. The design of the facade is related to the existing irregular grid of windows – it continues this irregularity as a design principle.