4. Create compatibility with existing campus architecture.
5. We hope to reinvent the parking garage image.
Focus on Function
1. Main entry is easily found.
2. Make it easy for people to remember where they parked! What level, which side.
Sensitivity to Safety
1. Access the garage with card key at automobile entry and pedestrian entry.
2. Plenty of light to navigate the space.
3. Security stations with panic button.
4. Security cameras
5. Elevator phone
6. Exterior lighting
7. 1 glass wall in the elevator facing campus.
1. Compatible ?attitude? . . . with the architecture and the culture . . . an expectation.
2. Be sensitive to scale / proportion / materials / relationship adjacency to existing campus buildings.
3. 52? module that matches existing building mass.
Unique Features of Car Park 3
1. Building 14 and Car park 3 are envisioned as paired structures with a pocket park connector.
2. The square grid (inspired by the Accounting and Northern Business Unit tenants) is a similar scale yet unique.
3. The required 25% open skin is color matched polycarbonate and visually connects to Building 14 to the west.
4. Color helps to identify floor levels and simplify navigation.
5. Color blocks on the south elevation acknowledge visibility from the Child Development Center. The Car Park 3 south elevation becomes a part of the Child Development Facility?s vocabulary and provides a giant playful toy in the background."