Molsheim is witnessing the renaissance of a legend. The past and the present merge into one illustrating what Bugatti once was: the pinnacle of the art of automobile engineering. In September 2005, the production plant of the 1001-HP Bugatti Veyron was opened at the famous location. The plant is located to the south of Molsheim in a landscape with the Chateau St. Jean (1857) at its centre. This consists of an oval studio building and three test modules. The building is positioned on a continuous base, which creates the illusion that the building is floating. This is where the final construction phase of Bugatti vehicles takes place. The assembly work is done in the middle of the oval. The front ends are used for motor preassembly and personal rooms are located on the ground floor as well as offices on the first floor. Test units are located adjacent to assembly areas with direct vehicle access. Transparent connections between the modules provide views of the testing process.