Built in 1912, the landmarked Emigrant Industrial Savings Bank building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. On axis with New York City Hall and the historic Tweed Courthouse, 49 Chambers Street was the first building to use the "H" shape plan to introduce light and air deeper into the building.
Woods Bagot was engaged to convert the former bank into luxury residences, adding vibrancy and vitality to the surrounding 24/7 neighborhood.
Boasting high floor to ceiling heights, grand, richly-detailed window openings, and spectacular views, the design integrates residential apartments on fourteen floors.
At ground level, the restored, landmarked Public Hall will open to the community as a digital art space.