Ivermectin is a medication used to treat certain types of parasitic infections. It works by interfering with the nerve and muscle function of parasites. It is available in oral, injectable, and topical forms. Commonly used to treat lice, mites, and roundworm infections, Ivermectin is also used to control onchocerciasis (river blindness). It can be administered alone or in combination with other drugs. Ivermectin is usually well-tolerated, however side effects such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and abdominal pain may occur. It should not be taken during pregnancy due to the potential for fetal harm. In some cases, Ivermectin can cause serious adverse reactions including hypersensitivity reactions, seizures, and Stevens-Johnson syndrome. As such, it is important to discuss any potential risks with your doctor before taking this medication.