Architizer is looking for a Marketing Coordinator to assist in developing and growing the Architizer A+Awards and Architizer’s One X Competitions: One Photo, One Rendering, and One Drawing. The position combines strategy, analysis, communication, and execution. You will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive marketing plan to grow award and competition entries and increase sponsorship revenue.
Job and Type Frame
The A+Awards and One X Competitions Marketing Coordinator is a full-time position for 40 hours per week. It is 100% remote at the present time. The selected candidate will be expected to work 9 am to 6 pm, plus additional hours as required. The position will include a 3 month introductory / training period, after which the position can be made permanent based on performance. This position comes with benefits including healthcare, travel and PTO.
- Develop and execute a detailed marketing plan that expands the reach, profile and revenue of award programs.
- Build and maintain contact and account databases and manage contacts within existing digital marketing tools.
- Set up and regularly review analytics for marketing campaigns (esp. for emails, microsites, and paid advertising).
- Create and flight graphics and copy in the form of email campaigns, ads, web updates and more.
- Set up and track weekly marketing tasks; liaise with sales, customer service, and editorial teams on their roles.
- Liaise with partners and collaborators (paid media team, graphic designer, media partners, etc.).
The ideal candidate is goal-oriented, self-motivating, organized and has a passion for using data to drive results. Candidates should be familiar with digital marketing best practices, as well as bring new ideas to the table. You are an effective project manager that can write persuasive emails, juggle deadlines and databases, and effectively transform learnings into action items. The position requires strong communication and visual skills, a desire to build and improve systems, and the ability to adapt the ever-changing needs of a startup team.
- 2-3 years in digital marketing with a proven track record for creating effective marketing routines and campaigns.
- Broad knowledge of marketing best practices as well as emerging strategies and trends.
- Proficiency with email marketing and analytics tools (Mailchimp, Hubspot, Google Analytics).
- Experience with project management and workflow tools preferred (Notion, Airtable, etc.).
- Eagerness to streamline operations and to test and build new systems and approaches (as needed).
- Undergraduate degree or background in architecture, design, urban studies, art history or another relevant field.
- Graphic design experience and/or proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Event production experience.
To apply, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line “Awards Marketing Coordinator: [YOUR NAME]” and please include the following:
- An up-to-date resume (attached as a pdf).
- Cover letter (attached as a pdf). In the cover letter, tell us why you are the right person for this job. Please share relevant experience, insight, and motivation.
- Links to any marketing materials you’ve created for yourself or other clients in the past.
- If your application is shortlisted, you will then be given a brief marketing test to complete in order to demonstrate your skills.
Architizer is the largest network for high-end residential, commercial and institutional architecture online, with more than 100,000 projects in our database. We’re currently the go-to site for the world’s leading architects and designers to showcase their work and have an aggressive strategy for continued innovation in online services related to the built environment.
We’re a team of thinkers, creatives, technologists, writers, architects and doers. In the spirit of the architecture field, we approach our objectives with equal parts analysis and creativity. We’re involved both online and offline with architecture and design and collaborate regularly with friends at respected cultural organizations both in New York and globally.