Architizer is seeking a detail-oriented, highly-organized individual with strong interpersonal skills and a passion for architecture to serve as our Architect Relations Assistant.
In this key role, you’ll be responsible for building long-lasting, meaningful relationships with renowned architecture firms around the globe, helping them to maximize their success on the Architizer platform. You will also lead the coordination of Architizer’s projects portfolio — the world’s largest database of architectural projects online — featuring content and sharing the latest architecture with a global audience. You will work closely with the rest of the Editorial Team on the promotion and editorialization of our top firms and projects.
Job Type and Timeframe
The Architect Relations Assistant position is a full time position for 40 hours per week. It is 100% remote at the present time. The Architect Relations Assistant is a key member of Architizer’s Content Team, reporting directly to the Editor in Chief. The position will include a 3 month introductory / training period, after which the position can be made permanent based on performance. This position comes with benefits including healthcare, travel and PTO.
- Coordinate outreach to top architecture firms, working with them to ensure they feel supported and engaged with Architizer’s platform.
- Respond to inquiries and press releases from architecture firms and associated marketing agencies.
- Curate Architizer’s selection of Featured Projects and publish breaking news stories on the world’s best architecture.
- Oversee the scheduling and publication of projects across Architizer’s social media platforms.
- Work with the Content Director to identify trends in architecture & design.
- You are knowledgeable about contemporary architecture with a great eye for striking images.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication.
- You are a goal-oriented individual who thrives in a creative and dynamic environment.
- You are dedicated to operational excellence and are eager to implement new processes and technologies.
- You have strong photo editing skills and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- You are a team player with an ability to thrive in a scrappy startup environment.
Ideal Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in subjects related to one or more of: Architecture, Design, Art History, English, Communications and/or Marketing
- 2-3 years experience with digital publishing is desirable, but talented new graduates with the desire to learn and grow are welcome!
- A nuanced understanding of digital media, social media, communications and marketing is desirable
To apply, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line “Architect Relations Assistant Application: [YOUR NAME]”:
- An up-to-date resume (attached as a pdf).
- Cover letter (attached as a pdf). In the cover letter, tell us why you are the right person for this job. Please share relevant experience, insight, and motivation.
- Links to relevant content or writing you’ve created for yourself or other publications.
If your application is shortlisted, you will then be given an editorial test to complete in order to demonstrate your skills.
Architizer is the largest network for high-end residential, commercial and institutional architecture online, with more than 100,000 projects in our database. We’re currently the go-to site for the world’s leading architects and designers to showcase their work and have an aggressive strategy for continued innovation in online services related to the built environment.
We’re a team of thinkers, creatives, technologists, writers, architects and doers. In the spirit of the architecture field, we approach our objectives with equal parts analysis and creativity. We’re involved both online and offline with architecture and design and collaborate regularly with friends at respected cultural organizations both in New York and globally.
Top image via Fran Silvestre Arquitectos