Are you a talented writer who is tapped into the world and culture of architecture? Or, are you a member of the AEC industry looking to dip your toes in architectural media on a part-time basis? If so, we may have the perfect opportunity for you: Architizer is on the hunt for talented writers to regularly contribute articles to the Architizer Journal.
We looking for industry insiders to conduct interviews with designers and firms, to do research and commentaries on current architectural events, and to pen playful pieces about architecture in popular culture today.
Previous experience writing for online architectural publications is desirable, but talented new architecture graduates with the ability to learn and grow are also welcome!
Job and Responsibilities
We’re flexible — and we’re looking for writers who can be flexible too! Whether you’d like to contribute on a weekly or monthly basis, all we ask is that contributors be reliable and respect deadlines. The job is 100% remote work, and you will be compensated on a per-article basis.
Writers should be open to receiving weekly assignments and coming up with a creative, design-oriented spin on newsworthy events. They should also be able to form and articulate their opinions and commentaries on all things architecture. Enthusiasm to share knowledge about architectural software and design tools is a plus. In short, we are looking for contributors who can take an assignment and run with it and come up with creative pitches that are timely and relevant to our audience.
- Knowledgeable about architecture, urban design, landscape architecture and art/design
- Pithy and articulate with a knack for crafting prose that is smart and punchy
- Self-motivated, diligent, responsible and resourceful
- Meticulous with fact checking and conforming to an editorial style
- Visually-oriented, with a great eye for striking images
- Confident in delivering clean, concise copy under tight deadlines
- Comfortable with a fast-paced publishing schedule
To apply, please email the following to email@example.com with the email subject line “Contributing Writer: [YOUR NAME]” and please include the following:
- An up-to-date resume (attached as a pdf).
- Cover letter (attached as a pdf). In the cover letter, tell us why you are the right person for this job. Please share relevant experience, insight, and motivation.
- Links to relevant content or writing you’ve created for yourself or other publications.
If your application is shortlisted, you will then be given an editorial test to complete in order to demonstrate your skills.
Architizer is the largest network for high-end residential, commercial and institutional architecture online, with more than 100,000 projects in our database. We’re currently the go-to site for the world’s leading architects and designers to showcase their work and have an aggressive strategy for continued innovation in online services related to the built environment.
We’re a team of thinkers, creatives, technologists, writers, architects and doers. In the spirit of the architecture field, we approach our objectives with equal parts analysis and creativity. We’re involved both online and offline with architecture and design and collaborate regularly with friends at respected cultural organizations both in New York and globally.