The 10th Annual A+Awards has launched and is accepting entries. With a Main Entry Deadline of January 28th, 2022, the time to submit projects to the world’s largest awards program for architecture and building products is quickly passing by. Hit the blue button to get started on your entry:
The A+Awards presents a massive opportunity for any firm that believes it has what it takes to stand out and be awarded in this year’s program. This year’s 10th Anniversary Edition is dedicated to “celebrating a decade of inspirational design”, honoring firms that have been at the forefront of design innovation over the past 10 years, and inviting submissions that envisage a better future for the next decade and beyond. At this crucial time, the program provides a vital opportunity to recognize the creative leaders on the front lines of architecture’s evolution. As we approach the Main Deadline of this year’s program, here are 10 powerful reasons your firm should enter the 10th Annual A+Awards.
1. Gain global recognition for your work
A+Awards finalists and winners are recognized as the year’s most influential visionaries by not only our esteemed jury of distinguished luminaries, but also Architizer’s 7+ million strong online community of architects and enthusiasts. The official winners’ announcement will also be distributed to more than 6,000 publications across 96 countries by international architectural newswire v2com, providing incredible visibility for firms around the world.
2. Feature in the 2022 A+Awards book
All architecture winners will be featured in the next edition of the A+Awards compendium, entitled “Architizer: The World’s Best Architecture”, published by The Monacelli Press. This stunning, full color, hardbound book collects the world’s most inspiring architecture, serving as the definitive guide to the year’s best buildings and spaces. Check out the previous edition of the book here.
3. Raise your reputation with clients and collaborators
Winners will also have unlimited bragging rights, with the ability to flaunt the iconic black and white A+Award winner’s badge across their websites and social media. It’s a stamp of approval that clients will immediately recognize.
4. Secure your place in the prestigious “A+List”
All architecture winners are included in the A+List, our annual run-down of Architecture Firms to Watch. The list forms a definitive “who’s who” of design studios to focus on during the coming year. The Winners in this year’s A+Awards competition will be featured in the upcoming A+List, elevating your firm to new heights next year (and scoring you a TON of exposure!).
5. Celebrate your whole team!
Winning an A+Award is a boost to every team member who was involved with a project. It offers a chance to celebrate with your team and recognize the value of teamwork. Just look at Ivan Marín Arquitectura (pictured above) for proof!
New for this special 10th Anniversary season, it’s now possible for firms to gain recognition for their entire portfolio of work thanks to the addition of the new Best Firm categories. Architecture and design firms are invited to submit a range of projects completed over the past 10 years, enabling them to showcase their practice and vie for the title of “World’s Best Architecture Firm”. There are Firm Award categories for practices of all size and geography, including:
- Best Small Firm, Best Medium Firm and Best Large Firm for exceptional architecture firms across all size categories (click here to discover which your firm is eligible for).
- Best Young Firm and Best Young Interior Design Firm, for innovative studios founded within the last 10 years.
- Best Interior Design Firm and Best Landscape Architecture Firm, for firms specializing in interiors and landscape design.
- Best Sustainable Firm, for architecture and design firms demonstrating excellence in the field of sustainability, energy efficiency and environmental design.
- Best Residential, Commercial, Cultural and Public Projects Firm, for firms excelling in those architectural typologies.
- Best in North America, Central and South America, Africa and the Middle-East, Asia, Europe, and Australasia, for outstanding firms based across every geographic region.
For a complete rundown and full eligibility requirements for the Firm Award categories, click here.
6. Get your hands on the iconic A+Awards trophy
All winners receive a custom-engraved A+Awards Trophy, a remarkable showpiece crafted by renowned trophy designers the Society Awards, makers of the Emmy Awards among others! We’re proud to provide a bespoke trophy that reflects our winners’ outstanding design ethos and achievements.
7. Win with the jury AND the global public
There are not one, but two opportunities to win in each A+Awards category — the jury and popular vote give each entrant a double chance to succeed. The winners of the Popular Choice Awards and Jury Winners are honored equally, and each year, the Finalists receive hundreds of thousands of public votes!
8. Be a part of key architecture editorials
Every winning project is guaranteed to be published alongside other winners in at least one special A+Awards feature on Architizer Journal over the coming year. With each article being shared with 4.5+ million followers across our social media platforms, as well as our much-loved newsletter, expect to go viral.
9. Establish your firm as a specialist thought leader
The winners of each A+Awards category can say they are leaders working in a particular typology, working with a particular material, or working with new technologies. In addition to the new Firm categories, there are a number of highly relevant new “Plus” categories to enter this year, including:
- Architecture +Joy
- Architecture +Experimental Design
- Architecture +Small Projects
- Architecture +Drawing
These and other niche categories present a powerful opportunity to establish your firm as a specialist thought leader in emerging architectural trends.
10. Show the world what pioneering architecture looks like
As emphasized earlier, the 10th Annual A+Awards is throwing the spotlight on architects responding adeptly to our rapidly changing world, highlighting work that not only has a positive impact this decade, but will continue to do so well into the next. Your work has the chance to be recognized as part of a new wave of architectural thought and practice, helping to shape a better world for future generations.
Don’t miss out: Get your work the global recognition it deserves by entering the A+Awards this year. Submit before midnight on Friday, January 28th, 2022 to get your firm in the running.
Best of luck from the whole team at Architizer!
Top image: Aurora Lodge by Stinessen Arkitektur, 9th Annual A+Awards Winner in the Architecture +Glass Category.