Get your camera at the ready: The 2nd Annual One Photo Challenge, Architizer’s iconic architectural photography competition, will open for entries on February 15th, 2021!
The competition poses a simple question: Can you capture a single photograph that tells a powerful story about architecture and those that inhabit it? Once again, two Grand Prizes of $2,500 are on offer for one student and one non-student respectively, while 100 photographs will be published in one of Architizer’s most highly-anticipated features of the year.
With worldwide exposure and big prizes up for grabs, as well as a chance to be a part of a huge, global celebration of architectural photography, the One Photo Challenge is not to be missed this year. Hit the blue button below to pre-register for the competition:
With the birth of the smartphone, millions of people around the world gained access to incredibly advanced cameras, opening up the world of architectural photography to the global public. But while anyone can snap a photo, it takes more to create a truly compelling image. What kind of photograph captures the essence of a place? What can it tell us about the people that live, work and play within it? Can a photograph tell us a larger story about the cultural context of a home, city or country?
Your task for the One Photo Challenge is as follows: Submit one photograph that powerfully communicates an architectural form or space, capturing the essence of the place and the experience of those that would inhabit it. It can be located anywhere in the world and be at any scale. It can be taken from a wide angle or close up, show a whole building or just a detail, and be located anywhere in the world. As long as your photo portrays part or all of a building or group of buildings, it is eligible. This should be accompanied by a short description of your photograph, no more than 150 words.
A Stellar Jury
While this year’s jury line-up is still to be confirmed, last year’s jurors represented some of the very best in architectural photography:
- Ema Peter, multi-award-winning architectural photographer
- Sebastian Weiss, otherwise known as le_blanc — Instagram’s most popular photographer of minimalist architectural details
- Paul Clemence, renowned architectural photographer and founder of the huge Archi-Photo community, home to almost 1 million followers
- Yener Torun, Turkish architect and photographer otherwise known as cimkedi; creator of the world’s most colorful architectural photography series
- Aldo Amoretti, multi A+Award-winning architectural photographer who took the photo on the cover of 2018 “The World’s Best Architecture” compendium.
- Hufton + Crow, world-renowned photographers Nick Hufton and Al Crow, whose clients include Zaha Hadid Architects, BIG and Heatherwick Studio.
There will be two prizes of $2,500 given to the winners, as well as the chance to be published across Architizer, making your work visible to a design community of more than 4 million people!
Without further ado, register for the competition today, and begin sifting through your best photographs to prepare your entry. Good luck from all of us at Architizer!