A modest 1,100 sf bungalow built in 1927 and part of the historic neighborhood fabric of Tucson, AZ, close to the university, and an easy walk to the restaurants and galleries downtown. In its original plan layout it was chopped up into small rooms with little natural light, and close to no usable storage. We opened up the plan to optimize movement and natural light, and maximized the storage opportunities with built-in cabinets and shelves on the walls. We gave it a complete, but minimal renovation while maintaining the charm and integrity of a historic home and respecting its place within the fabric of the historic neighborhood. In just a couple weeks of demolition the house was stripped of all its unnecessary, unfunctioning, and un-aesthetic elements. It had lost a lot of weight in bad plaster, ugly paint, old pipe, and outdated wiring, but all that could be recycled, was. All windows, doors, and materials that could be donated were. And all that could be reused in the new design has been.