Carroll Seating Company (CSC) was formed in 1952 by Patrick Carroll, Sr. He began the business by selling church pews out of the basement of his home. He gradually began selling furniture to private schools and later entered into the public school market. As the company grew, Patrick purchased his own building near downtown Chicago, where the business was located for 51 years. In May 2004 Patrick Carroll, Jr. relocated the business to Elk Grove Village, IL.