This work is based on an initial project by Antonio Jiménez Torrecillas.
Three years after the arrival of the Dominicans to Huéscar 1544, they built their convent on the plot.
The convent complex had to be traced according to the models then in force for that class of buildings: a quadrangular organism with four wings around a central cloister and laterally attached church.
Only one part was built.
The intervention is carried out in one of the original wings with wood paneling, later reinforced to be used as a wheat store and in the annexed ship that was demolished. The intervention respects to the maximum the existing one and it tries to make a recovery of the space and adaptation to exhibition room of low cost.
There is a new staircase leading to the upper floor. The slab, which had sunk, has been replaced with a ripple on the underside that acoustically works very well. Carpentry is reused by filtering the light with alabaster..