Architizer is building the definitive platform for visual inspiration in the form of Image Search for Architects. The new tool allows you to browse through a library of more than 1 million project images, each sorted into categories of material, element or spatial concept.
Now, what if you spot something within one of those images and want to find a product or material to help you achieve a similar finish or detail? Enter Related Products, a new feature within Image Search that draws from Architizer’s growing database of building-products to provide you more design ideas.
Related Products are located just below the primary image within an image search result (illustrated above, for this search). Clicking on one of the Related Product thumbnails will take you to the product page of a trusted manufacturer. Here, you have the option to:
- Scroll through more images of the product in the context of built projects
- Read an in-depth description of the product or material shown
- Request a sample, meeting, catalog, pricing/quote or lunch & learn from the manufacturer
- Contact the manufacturer directly for more details
- See more products by clicking out to the manufacturer’s profile page
Related Products brings an additional layer of insight to image search that you won’t find on Google. The feature is ideal for designers researching products and materials for a project, while retaining the visual-first format that makes Image Search for Architects so popular.
Related Products is in beta mode, and we’re working to improve it all the time. If you have any feedback or suggestions about this or any other part of Image Search for Architects, we’d love to hear from you! Email email@example.com and let us know your thoughts.